What can I do to help my OA now?
There are several treatments for osteoarthritis which can help the condition and improve pain.
Versus Arthritis provides a lot of helpful information on its website, aimed at those with osteoarthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions. Please follow the links below for further information and downloadable pdfs:
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Osteoarthritis of the hip
- Osteoarthritis of the hand and wrist
- Osteoarthritis of the foot and ankle
- Osteoarthritis of the elbow and shoulder
- Osteoarthritis of the spine
- Knee pain
- Hip pain
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines for Management of Osteoarthritis were re-published in 2014. These provide clear guidance on evidence-based treatments which can be considered for the condition and are aimed at health professional. A patient summary of this guidance is available on the NICE website.